At Altrad, we recognise asset integrity is a critical issue for many of our customers. Our Asset Integrity Management (AIM) services assure the integrity and performance of assets, safeguarding HSE while optimising lifecycle asset performance and supporting regulatory compliance. Altrad provides technical services, engineering and expertise focused on the delivery of AIM.
- Thermographic / energy surveys
- Inspection and access solutions
- Coatings and insulation assessments
- Plant availability and serviceability systems
- Asset Integrity programmes and management
- Equipment remediation and repairs
- Coatings and insulation recommendations
- Composite repairs.
Corrosion under insulation analysis and remediation
As a result of feedback and an in-depth understanding of our customers’ needs, Altrad has invested in the development of its corrosion under insulation (CUI) capability.
- Risk based inspection
- Inspection programmes
- Non-destructive testing (NDT), including specialist CUI techniques for detection of water ingress
- Inspection services including condition analysis and reporting
- Remedial work recommendations including equipment technical design improvements
- Best practice protective coatings and fire protection systems specification including
- thermally sprayed aluminium
- protection against chloride stress corrosion cracking of stainless steels
- intumescent passive fire protection
- Equipment surface preparation and application of coatings
- Insulation systems including non-metallic claddings and insulation design.
Thermally Sprayed Aluminium (TSA)
Thermally Sprayed Aluminium (TSA) corrosion protection is an extremely durable system that can provide corrosion protection with a useful service life in excess of 30 years.
TSA is being employed by customers for protection against corrosion under insulation and for carbon steel exposed to a marine environment and is found to be a cost effective solution compared to other systems.
To ensure the success of the thermal spraying process, the preparation of the steel surface is critical. Altrad have experience in the processes required to achieve the angular blast profile and cleanliness standards to guarantee high bond strengths. Coating with TSA using flamespray equipment can be completed by Altrad on a full range of pipes and vessels, including work on live operating plant.
Surface preparation and re-coating
Altrad provides specialist coating services in the maintenance and capital project environment to prevent corrosion of bare exposed surfaces or prepare piping and equipment that is to be insulated and clad.
Our extensive experience in a variety of industrial environments, from shipyards to LNG plants, oil refineries, blast furnaces and offshore production platforms, across a broad spectrum of markets, including oil and gas, power generation, petrochemical, nuclear and defence, means that we have the understanding and expertise to provide our customers with long-lasting, cost-effective and safe solutions to any surface preparation and coating project.
We harness waters versatility as a medium for cleaning and surface preparation. Water jetting is ideally suited to general deposit removal and removing coatings and preparing surfaces, offering many advantages over traditional shot and grit blasting (such as no secondary damage, contamination or profiling), and is quicker, safer, cleaner and more flexible.
Asset Integrity Technical Authority
T: +44 (0) 1642 779023