Altrad has extensive experience of asbestos remediation across many of our markets throughout the world, particularly power generation, onshore and offshore oil and gas, and petrochemical refining. Altrad is at the forefront of managing asbestos containing materials. Our customers look to us for leadership and we are seen as the specialists. With over 30 years’ experience, our approach is world class.
Our specialist Asbestos Division is competent and capable of dealing with all your asbestos remediation works and has experience in removing and repairing all known asbestos applications. We use the most up to date technology and continuously look for innovations and best practice solutions to ensure we maintain our high standards for the benefit of our customers.
All asbestos services delivered to customers will be carried out, as a minimum, in strict accordance with the relevant legislation, regulations and Altrad’s exceptionally high standards.
Customers can be assured that Altrad’s exacting internal controls are accredited to internationally recognised ISO standards.
- Asbestos management
- Asbestos cleaning (Environmental cleaning)
- Face fitting
- Erection of enclosures
- Asbestos removal
- Wrap / cut
- Encapsulation / remediation
- Aspirational standards
Our database of past and present personal air monitoring results during asbestos removal works has revealed low asbestos fibre readings, confirming excellent removal techniques and ensuring that our operatives are protected throughout the works.
1. Identification and maintenance of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Sampling and analysis of suspected materials or presumption that asbestos is present.
- Remedial / repair treatments.
- Regular periodic inspections.
- Documentary control record.
2. Removal or repair of ACMs
- Construction of negative pressure enclosures.
- Strict decontamination procedures.
- Minimal disturbance by controlled injection and mist spraying of asbestos with surfactants.
- Minimal exposure and protection to workers through personal, leak and background air monitoring to ensure levels are well below control limits.
- Tried and tested RPE and PPE supplied to employees.
- Job specific Risk Assessment and Method Statements.
3. Disposal of ACMs
- ACMs double wrapped and disposal at appropriate locations according to local and legislative guidelines.
Asbestos Technical Authority
T: +44 (0) 1709 886058