Our team at Sellafield in Cumbria, have received royal recognition for their continued support of the local communities throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
The letter, written by the Queen’s representative in Cumbria, thanks all those in the region who have stepped up to the challenges posed by COVID-19 and have contributed towards supporting the people of Cumbria.
During these past few months we have assisted the local community in a variety of ways:
- 10 members of the Sellafield site team and four members of the senior management team volunteered to support Copeland council to deliver food parcels across West Cumbria using Altrad vehicles.
- Volunteers have helped deliver Easter eggs to local children.
- Our commercial manager, Derek Mellon joined the Cleator Moor Covid-19 response team, who provide assistance to residents who have to self-isolate.
- Four volunteers, using Altrad vehicles, became a regular feature of a convoy who demonstrate their support for the NHS every Thursday.
- We delivered 750 bottles of wine and chocolates for NHS staff at West Cumberland Hospital.
- Three volunteers delivered PPE to local care homes and the NHS.
- We donated 10 masks to the Specsavers Whitehaven branch for use by key workers, providing ophthalmic services to emergency patients.
- We provided high visibility vests, masks and disposal gloves to Cleator Moor COVID support group, who provide valuable support to vulnerable members of the community.
At Altrad, we support critical human infrastructure assets, that provide power, fuel and other essential services to our communities. We are part of these communities and are proud to support them – when they need us most.