On 31 December 2019, the world was advised of an outbreak of Novel Coronavirus recently named COVID-19. This virus originated from Wuhan, China. Since that date, with the assistance of local regional management, media sources, and relevant communications, we have been closely monitoring the potential impact within the business.
For further awareness, we are providing these alerts and guidance measures to reduce any potential associated risk to our people.
In addition, see below information which is provided using information gathered from various world health departments and agencies.
- It is strongly suggested that travel to China is avoided at this time until we receive further communication from the relevant world health departments, local agencies including local region information.
- Anyone who has departed Mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 15 days should self- quarantine for 14 days from the date of travel.
- Anyone who has had personal contact with people that have been in Mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau within the past 14 days should self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of that contact.
- Anyone who has had contact with anyone suspected or known to have Coronavirus should self-quarantine for 14 days from that exposure.
- Anyone with a fever and any of these symptoms; cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting or difficulty breathing should go and see a doctor immediately. The company can assist in arranging a doctor if the individual does not have access to a Doctor.
- If you are unwell, please do not come to work, call and notify your supervisor/manager that you are unwell and detail the symptoms to allow medical attention should it be required.
- All staff are encouraged not to shake hands with people and avoid close contact where practical. At this time, it is acceptable to avoid normal social greetings and just say hello rather than shaking hands, kissing or hugging another person.
- All staff are reminded of the importance of practising good hygiene and washing hands after using washrooms, before eating and to avoid touching your face.
- Any person who starts to feel unwell whilst at work is instructed to notify their supervisor/manager immediately.
All worksites and facilities are strongly advised to implement the following measures:
- Ensure adequate supplies of disposable hand towels and soap be available in all washrooms.
- Ensure that hand sanitiser is available to all people and its use is encouraged.
- Establish a regime where the following items are to be wiped over with a disinfectant (2 parts water / 1-part chlorine bleach) a minimum of 3 times per day:
a. Door handles to common areas such as the entry door to offices and meeting rooms
b. Switches to access interlocked doors.
c. Fridge door handles
d. All taps in washrooms and kitchens
e. Toilet door handles
f. Toilet flush buttons
g. Photocopier/printer buttons
h. Any other surface that is regularly touched by large numbers of people
The Health Departments in the countries we currently operate in are providing an acceptable response and we aim to ensure the health and safety of all our people the best way we can. We understand that the 2019 Novel Corona Virus is causing concern for people and we wish to maintain a calm and considered response, making sure panic does not escalate unnecessarily.